FINAL REFLECTION:
Please reflect back on this week and discuss in one page or less what the impact has been on your learning and teaching. Is there anything we can do better? Do you have other suggestions? Your thoughts and responses are extremely valuable to us as we plan each year. Thanks!
We hope you will continue to check in occasionally with this blog and stay in touch.
WOW! This was a wonderful week of learning, creating and growth. I enjoyed the access to the museum, and the many different media and techniques presented. I found the strategies and processes were instructional tools that I can easily utilize. This institute and your instructional team are great. You are an asset to Wyoming educators. I will encourage others to participate in the future and will I will certainly return when it is offered. Thank you all for your thorough preparation and the long hours you gave to each of us. Thank you for sharing your state of the art facilities, they are truly a match the tremendous artists and teachers that you all are!
ReplyDeleteFun!Brain experts tell us learning takes place best when our pleasure centers are stimulated. Retention should be great for this course because the projects, challenges, peers, and instructors, without exception, have been great fun. All foods and snacks were just right. I will be leaving with enthusiasm to make art and to share art education with in my community. Can't wait to get back in the studio.
ReplyDeleteI was so ecstatic to see Goya's, Papua New Guinea and Linda Fleming's art works at the museum. The conversations with museum Educators Wendy, Heather and Tessa helped me to put some things in perscpective and thier shared expertise would help me as I develop ed programs at the NIC. I gained more knowledge about injury based learning that I will utilize when creating lessons plans, tours, and interactive stations at my museum.I learn new media that I would not approach before and explored ideas and options of using these techiques for museum educational programs.
ReplyDeleteThe session was well structured and offered a great amount of instruction.
I was impressed by UW instructors dedication to this course and to students. They made me to make art (stay incorrected- they encouraged me).Thank you for providing great learning facilities and being available for answering questions.
Did I mention it was a lot of FUN?
I find myself refreshed and ready to share what I've experienced. The instructors shared their knowledge with enthusiasm. I cannot remember the last time I felt free to learn at my own pace. For that, the food, and friendship, made for a great experience.
ReplyDeleteThank You!