Friday questions:
How often to you incorporate sculpture projects into your classes? How will you use the processes explored here to support your learning goals?
Which was your favorite activity (personally) this week? Why?
How does this format work for you - the combination of investigating original art and art history, along with studio time? Discuss briefly whether it is possible to adapt this in some way to your classroom.
What 5 words would you use to describe this week to others?
How often to you incorporate sculpture projects into your classes?
ReplyDeleteNot often, as they seemed quite challenging to me.
How will you use the processes explored here to support your learning goals? I think that children would love to work with plaster and this process can be used to introduce children to some techiques that used by the artists showcased in the exhibitions. Also it can be used for creating cross curriculum connections with chemistry, math and physics.Not to mention the exploration of positive and negative space.
Which was your favorite activity (personally) this week? Why? I loved work with paper and I loved carve the drywall. I was looking forward to sculpt aerated concrete, but I did not get to it. I am brining rocks home! I think I love the tactical component to this and to manupulate things with my hands.
How does this format work for you - the combination of investigating original art and art history, along with studio time? Discuss briefly whether it is possible to adapt this in some way to your classroom.
It worked very well for me, not to mention that it was enjoyable. I've been using similar model time from time; however,STI reassured the improtance of this method for me and gave me more tools to use it.
How often to you incorporate sculpture projects into your classes? Currently, my classes work about 20-25% of time in 3-d. The facilities does not allow much opportunity.
ReplyDeleteHow will you use the processes explored here to support your learning goals?I have learned some new inexpensive ways to work in sculpture.
Which was your favorite activity (personally) this week? Why?I liked the blogging. It was the first time I've done this and I can see getting more participation from the students.
How does this format work for you - the combination of investigating original art and art history, along with studio time? I find it a great way to teach students art. Discuss briefly whether it is possible to adapt this in some way to your classroom. I find that my beginning students struggle with this format (not interested in the history), and the upper classes struggle to find time to work.
What 5 words would you use to describe this week to others? re-energize, productive, educational, fun, reflective, more :).
Friday questions:
ReplyDeleteHow often to you incorporate sculpture projects into your classes? In the past, I mostly have used ceramics or paper constructions for 3-D projects.
How will you use the processes explored here to support your learning goals? The processes explored this week are very economical so I will be likely to utilize them. These processes add diversity in media so that is another plus. I have been very busy and have specified where these tools will be plugged into my student's learning.
Which was your favorite activity (personally) this week? My favorite was the aerated concrete. Why? I really had to think my way through the process. When things weren't going as expected I needed to modify my technique or expectations to keep the process going.
How does this format work for you - the combination of investigating original art and art history, along with studio time? I enjoyed the format. I am a processor, so this format gave me time as well as diversified activities to process/digest information/techniques. The blog also added to the time available for the mental activity I need to learn well.
Discuss briefly whether it is possible to adapt this in some way to your classroom. I have used similar processes in the past in my room. The modelling and the book have given me clues that I can use in the future.
What 5 words would you use to describe this week to others?
Successful, Energizing, Productive, Challenging, yet fun!